The scriptural role of baptism is for remission of sins. The study of baptism and it's place in the gospels is one of the greatest, and deepest studies in scripture.
Here are several articles to help you to understand baptism:
- "Why we baptize in Jesus' name" and "An Essential of Salvation" Press here
- The significance of Jesus' name in Water Baptism. Press here
IN short, what is accomplished in baptism?
- A person subjects himself to the gospel, obeys the word of God
- A person's sin's are remitted by faith in the blood and name of the Lord Jesus Christ
- A person is born of water in the womb of the church
- A person receives the name of his adaptive father, the Lord Jesus Christ
- A person's sinful being, will, intellect and body, is "old-man" is buried in the likeness of the death and burial of Jesus Christ, as taught by the gospel message.
Is there more? Yes ... read one of the articles above!
Return to the Life Tabernacle Home page!